Education is a fundamental right of people. Every child deserves the future and without education the future of children could not be secure. Many children in Nepal have no access to education due to poor social and economic status. The literacy rate of Nepal is 65% and literacy rate of women is 56% (source: census 2011). Similarly, Gender discrimination is deeply rooted within Nepalese society, as daughters are seen as a financial liability.
Nepal women community service center is implementing Education for Empowerment program to support for education for under privileged girls from poor, displaced, conflict affected, Dalit and Janajati families.
- Develop access to education for children from ultra poor, conflict affected and under privilege families.
- To literate the girls of the area which are unable for the education.
- To improve the personal hygiene, nutritional status of the girls family
- To improve the health status of the girls as well as their family.
- To help in the study of the girls with full scholarship from 1 to 12 class.
- To throughout the knowledge of the education.
- To support for the education of under Privilege girls.
- Select and literate the girls who have not any income sources.
- Enhance the capacity of the girls as well as their family.
- Encourage them through many school level program (speech, quest, song, dance, drawing, essay competition and many other )
- Selection of underprivileged
- 150 students supported for the education effected by natural disaster.
- Organized 16 days campaign on women violence in close coordination with NGO’s and Government Organization.
- 103 girls and 7 boys from rural areas who are unable for the education has been supported for school.
- 39 girls have been partially supported for school education program.
- 3 events of School level competition program (speech , drawing and essay competition ) organized on international children day.