Established in 1993 in Dang district of mid- western Nepal, Nepal Women Community Service Center (NWCSC) is the first women specific non-government organization in Rapti Zone. Run by a group of dedicated women volunteers, the NWCSC strives for equal status and empowerment of women from rural areas. NWCSC essentially is a non political, non partisan, secular organization.
- Vision: To create an aware and self reliant women’s society.
- Mission: Local resource mobilization for women empowerment.
- Goal: Socio and economic empowerment of women
Objectives of Organization:
- Women’s social empowerment
- Leadership development.
- Gender awareness.
- Work in social, economic, environmental, cultural, sector’s development at conflict affected and remote areas.
- Reconstruction and rehabilitation of conflict affected people and areas.
- Support the victims of conflict (women, children, dalit and ethnic group).
- HIV and AIDS prevention program.
- Peace and development
- Environment protection and sustainable development
- Renewal energy promotion
- Women’s Economic Empowerment :
- 1. Economic empowerment through microfinance program.
- 2. Skill development and income generating program for conflict victim and poor women.